Sunday, January 25, 2009

Kitchen Inspirations

We are thinking about renovating our kitchen. The kitchens that I seem to gravitate towards are contemporary kitchens that are minimalist but still warm. The upper cabinets above echo the latest trend towards horizontal rather than vertical lines. Notice also the spareness of the cabinet fronts themselves. There is an absence of routing or any other details. I also like the vertical brick tilework on the backsplash, which is reminiscent of old tilework (which I love), yet looks modern at the same time.
I don't think of myself as the minimalist type. I usually gravitate towards bright colors. But the above kitchen I feel I could look at and never grow tired of its simple elegance. There is luxury in its spareness.

An example of a kitchen with traditional and modern styles blended together can be seen above. It is also an example how cheaper, painted cabinets can create as much of a visual impact as trendier finished wood cabinets.
This is the most modern of the kitchen images that I liked. The avocado green also goes well with our general color scheme. I am also fond of the high-gloss look of the bottom cabinetry. I would also choose upper wood cabinets with a more subtle pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment

20 Goals for 2019

I know the year is already half over, but here are my goals for 2019 (this was not finished earlier as my goals kept changing).  Soci...