Sunday, August 03, 2008

Katee & Joshua -- Two of My Favorite "So You Think You Can Dance" Performers

It's coming down to the final four performers on the Dance Competition, "So You Think You Can Dance", which airs nightly on FOX TV on Wednesdays. Two of the four finalists are two of my favorite dancers on the show, Katee and Joshua. I've included a couple of my favorite routines from these two for you to enjoy.

Below, Katee and Joshua perform a hip-hop routine together. Katee, who is Asian, performs superbly in this hip-hop routine. She is a contemporary dancer by training, but almost steals the show from Joshua, who is in fact a hip-hop dancer at heart. Together, Katee and Joshua perform a heart-felt dance about one who has been called to duty in Iraq, and the girl who must watch him leave. I could watch this video clip over and over again.

Don't forget to hit the volume button on each of the videos.

In the below number, Katee and Joshua perform a Bollywood number. Katee, as usual is technically superb, and captures the style of the dance to a "t".

Joshua and Katee dance the Pasodoble in the final number below. I think that Joshua fills the stage with his incredible strength and presence. His steps, and his line are precise beyond parallel. And it's even more incredible coming from a dancer with relatively little formal training, as he has, or with such a bulky physique.

I hope you all will watch the final four perform this coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

20 Goals for 2019

I know the year is already half over, but here are my goals for 2019 (this was not finished earlier as my goals kept changing).  Soci...