Monday, April 20, 2009

Gratitude Journal

Today, I am grateful:

(1) That we are doing such a good job saving money on food. We are cooking up a storm and eating up the leftovers. Today's leftovers: Greek Orzo salad, and homemade red Thai curry (not necessarily together).
(2) For learning a good lesson yesterday. I learned that I can be very harsh towards people who I assume are not curious about the world. I have already been trying not to be judgemental towards ignorant, or stupid people. But I should try to be open-minded on a whole different scale than I have previously; I should be patient and compassionate for sheltered, blindered people who don't want to perceive the view outside their own windows!
(3) For getting kudos for an engineering project of my own volition. In order to portray that an alternative was possible, I thought it best to show people a prototype. So, I spent the morning in the machine shop, snipping, drilling and gluing and came up with a prototype that surprised people with its simplicity and directness. Although the solution that I came up with doesn't work, I hope that it inspires other creative ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

20 Goals for 2019

I know the year is already half over, but here are my goals for 2019 (this was not finished earlier as my goals kept changing).  Soci...