Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Human-Walrus Interactions

Here are some pics from my recent visit to 6 Flags Marine World. Here, we encountered a huge walrus that interacted with us humans in an unprecedented way.
This walrus tapped on the glass with it's tusk, and waited for us humans to return the tap. The walrus and I played Simon for what seemed like 5 minutes. The kids at the exhibit just went wild over the walrus. And the walrus seemed to derive as much glee from our ebullient reaction.
It continually surprises me how human-like marine mammals are. We should never underestimate these creature's intelligence, or their sense of play.
Here also is a cute penguin that paced the edges of its exhibit, begging for its picture to be taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment

20 Goals for 2019

I know the year is already half over, but here are my goals for 2019 (this was not finished earlier as my goals kept changing).  Soci...